Earlier this month, Quora—known for its continually improving collection of questions and answers—introduced Quora Browse in an effort to help users cut through the clutter. This week, we decided to do a little grouping of our own. After a lot of reading, and some sifting, we picked some of the most important questions and answers we think every startup CEO should read.
- What are the top qualities to look for in angel investors?
- Why would an early-stage investor prefer a convertible note structure to straight equity (e.g. a priced/valued preferred stock financing)?
- If you are an investor for an early stage company, do you place more value on 1MM unique visitor or the ability to convert at 5%+ but only 1000 customers?
Preparing for Shifts
- How do startup founders know when to quit, stick or pivot?
- What is involved in a startup “scaling”?
- What is the number one reason startups fail?
- What are the best tech networking events/meetups in New York City?
- Without a high-priced PR agent, how does a startup get TechCrunch to write article about it?